The MICRO-SET MSD2 prover sphere detector is a mechanically activated position sensor for signalling the passage of a meter prover sphere. The unit is bolted to the prover loop pipe by means of a mounting boss, this allows the MICRO-SET MSD2 plunger to protrude through the pipe wall and the prover sphere depresses the plunger as it passes. The plunger is fitted with magnets which actuate a fully encapsulated SPST reed assembly and accurately signals the sphere position within the prover.
Product features and options depend on device configuration: Contact us to make sure that your preferred functionality can be combined in one device.
- Improved full assembled device switch point repeatability of ± 0.01mm / ± 0.0004”
- Available with Ex(d) junction box, cable gland and mounting boss
- ATEX EX(d) and IECEx hazardous area approvals
- In situ cleaning/flushing option for crude oil with a high wax and/or sediment content is possible
- Available in two standard designs: ANSI 600 rated and ANSI 1500 rated
- NACE MR 01-75 compliance
- Retrofit model for replacing other types of detector available